Wednesday, August 21, 2013

On Snail Mail and Postcrossing


There are days when I am so grateful for a pen pal.  Texts and emails are of course faster and easier. Skype or apps like Snapchat up the communication flow even more. But once in awhile, when I'm not in a hurry, I loving taking the time to snail mail. The simple of act of jotting down a few thoughts to a dear friend is more than just practicing my penmanship. It's also being able to add a personal touch and knowing that within a few days time, they will hold in their hand this very card that I diligently picked out. It's so magical! 

If you don't have a current penpal or if you would simply like to have more, I recommend checking out Postcrossing. This is an online community of members from all over the world who love to exchange postcards. The site is free and signing up is easy. I have sent and received quite a few postcards myself through this site. Not only have I learned a lot about other people's countries and cities through these exchanges, I've also accumulated quite a collection of unique and fun postcards that can be used in decoration projects later.

Oh, and a quick word about this fountain pen. I purchased this at Hand-Eye Supply during a recent trip to Portland. If you can't make it to the shop yourself, they have an online store that offers free shipping to anywhere in the U.S. for purchases over $75. The pen pictured here is the Kaweco Classic Sport Fountain Pen in Clear (link here). It writes super smoothly, and I love its compact, modern look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment