Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The End of Summer


On Me: Sunglasses (Marc by Marc Jacobs) | earrings, scarf, dress (all Forever21) | booties (Bass)
On Her: Sunglasses (Oliver Peoples) | denim jacket (JCrew Factory) | doggie-print dress (Anthropologie) | booties (Elizabeth & James)

Is summer almost coming to an end? I actually have no idea because living in SF, I tend to lose track of seasons. As Mark Twain famously said, "The coldest winter I've ever spend was a summer in San Francisco." What he didn't know (or at least didn't mention) was that SF is interchangeably cold, rainy, windy, mild, and even at times hot all year round. Hence, all seasons sort of blend together.

I still determine my seasons based on the school year calendar though, so mid-August to me means that I am near the end of summer. This usually means a huge increase in daily ice cream intake. Mint chocolate chip is the flavor of choice on most days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment